Soil Conditioner – Humates (Humic & Fulvic Acids)
100% People, Pet, and Environmentally Safe
- Increases the organic material content of the soil resulting in improved soil structure. Hard packed clay soils become less compacted and sandy soils get improved moisture retention.
- Increases water holding capacity of soil resulting in less watering needed to sustain plant growth.
- Helps plants resist drought.
- Increased soil aeration.
- Increases fertilizer retention, releasing nutrients as needed to growing plants.
- The humic acid in humates increases the permeability of the plant cell wall while the fulvic acid helps to carry nutrients to the plant.
- Helps prevent nutrient leaching by keeping fertilizers in the soil longer preventing runoff that can pollute water systems.
- Increases the efficacy of herbicides due to increased cell wall permeability resulting in greater product uptake by the plant.
- Humates help break down residual herbicides quicker preventing runoff that can pollute water systems.
- Limits effects of salinity in soils through chelation of excess salts helping reduce the effects of salt stress on plants.
- Establishes a desirable environment for microorganism development in the soil which over time will help prevent thatch build up.
- Helps in the battle against dog pee spots by reducing the buildup of urea in the soil and aids in odor control.
- Helps rid soil of toxins through chelation.
- Environmentally friendly and safe to use.
- Humates are applied via spray application anytime during the spring, summer, and fall. This product can be applied to all areas of your yard (lawn, garden and flowerbeds) and does not need to be watered in after. Two applications are recommended per year but a third application during summer months helps gives the soil an added boost during tough drought periods.
Above is a picture of a lawn in late summer with humates and synthetic fertilizer application on the left and just synthetic fertilizer application on the right.
This is a long-term product for long term benefits that continues to improve soil conditions over time with consistent use. This product works synergistically with synthetic fertilizers by improving the uptake of the fertilizer while at the same time improving soil conditions. With continued applications less watering is required due to increased water retention in the soil, fewer synthetic fertilizers are required over time due to increased nutrient availability in the soil. There is increased organic matter added to the soil which also increases the numbers of beneficial microorganisms resulting in improved break down of thatch and less mowing is required due to less top growth and increased root growth. Just like with any organic material, results are seen over an extended period of time and keep improving soil health with continuous applications.
April 21, 2020
May 26, 2020
Soil Conditioner Only. (No fertilizer applied.)
May 22, 2020
Soil Conditioner added to dog pee areas
June 27, 2020
Results from Soil Conditioner & overseeding
Call and book your package today.
Interested in more Eco-friendly options?
You can call the office and have one of our experienced applicators come and give a free estimate.